The most frequent questions / answers on Verticalmountain.com
- Are all of the items on your site available to order?
All Vertical products – equipment, apparel, accessories – are available to order for delivery internationally. The whole of this year's collection is for sale online, subject to availability. Select your country (on the top right-hand side of the site) to ensure you get the right product information for your delivery country.
- What should I do if the product I'm looking for is 'unavailable' on the site?
Product availability is indicated on the product page once a size has been selected. There are two possible indications for 'unavailable' items:
• 'Unavailable': the product will not be restocked on the site. Get in touch with the Vertical traders in your local area to see if the product is still available in-store.
• 'Notify me when the product is back in stock': the product will be restocked on the site soon. In this case, you can request to be alerted when it becomes available in the near future. You will then be advised of the product availability by email when it is back in stock.
- How do I place an order?
1. Browse our Vertical products online.
2. Select your items of interest by adding them to your basket.
3. When all of your desired items have been added to your basket, click 'View my basket' (at the top-right hand side of the site).
4. Check the contents of your basket, select your delivery option and click 'Proceed with my order'.
5. Create a Vertical account and log in.
6. If you opt for a click and collect delivery, select the store from which you would like to pick up your order (only available for certain countries).
7. Select the desired payment method, accept the terms and conditions of sale and click 'Confirm order'
8. Pay for your order via the secure HiPay system or PayPal.
- Can I place an order over the phone?
We are unfortunately unable to take orders over the phone or by email, letter or fax. They must be made online for technical reasons.
- Do you deliver abroad?
To place an order for another country, change the country by clicking the link at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- How do I track the progress of my order?
- Will I be informed of the progress of my order?
You will receive email notifications every step of the way, from receipt of your order through to delivery: You'll get an order confirmation and shipping confirmation with tracking information. If you request to cancel your order, we will also keep you informed throughout the various stages of the returns process: Cancellation confirmation, refund confirmation, etc.
- What are the delivery time frames?
Once your order is dispatched from our logistics please allow for: 48 hours for express home delivery and 5 to 7 days for standard international home delivery.
- How can I be sure that my order has been shipped?
You can track the progress of your order in real time in the « My orders » section of your secure « My account »area. A STATUS column will inform you of the progress of your order and whether it has already been shipped. Clicking the order number will give you all the details for your order and the delivery tracking information.
- What happens if I'm not home when delivery is attempted?
If you're not home when the carrier passes by, they will leave an attempted delivery card with details on where you can collect your parcel or contact you directly using the telephone number provided.
- What do I have to sign to get my order?
Regardless of the chosen delivery option, the delivery person or chosen store will ask you to sign for your order.
- What should I do if I receive the wrong product?
If you receive the wrong product by mistake, please contact our customer services. We will provide you with a returns number and advise you on the returns process for the product(s) you did not order. In this scenario, we will email you a prepaid label for your parcel covering the cost of the return. We will then send you the correct item(s) and if we are out of stock offer you a refund or a credit note.
- What should I do if I receive a faulty product?
If you receive a faulty product by mistake, please contact our customer services. We will provide you with a returns number and advise you on the returns process for the product(s) that are faulty. In this scenario, we will email you a prepaid label for your parcel covering the cost of the return. Once your parcel is back with us, we will check the returned products and replace it or issue a refund if a quality issue is detected.
- Which carrier will deliver my order?
If you choose express delivery your order will be delivered by UPS. For standard delivery your parcel will be handled by Colissimo and once the parcel arrives in the UK it is delivered with DPD.
- How do I make changes to my order?
You will not be able to make changes to a confirmed order on our site. However, you can request an order cancellation with our customer services via telephone to prevent the order being dispatched. If the order has already been dispatched, you will be required to follow the standard returns process once you receive the parcel. If you cancel an order and opt for a credit note, no delivery costs will be deducted from the credit note, even if the parcel has already been shipped.
- Can I change my delivery address once my order has been shipped?
Once your order is confirmed, it is automatically sent to logistics for preparation and shipping. Therefore changes cannot be made to the delivery location once an order has been placed. However, you can submit an order cancellation request and get a credit note which you can use as payment on your next order.
- What is the procedure for returning one or more items?
PLEASE NOTE: For the item to be returned to our logistics for a refund or credit note, it must not have been worn or washed and must be returned in its original packaging with the swing tickets attached. If we receive your item(s) and they do not meet this criteria your return will be refused by our logistics and returned to you.
For all returns requests, please fill in the returns form in your customer account within 14 days of receipt of your order (the legal time limit). Access the form by selecting 'My orders' > View order > RETURN button. Once you have finalized your return request you will receive a confirmation email and once your request is confirmed by our customer service, we will allocate you a returns number and email you a prepaid postage label. Please see our shipping and returns page. Returns are at your charge unless you want a credit to your account.
You must return the product(s) no later than thirty (30) days from the date of your returns request to our customer services. Once we receive your parcel, we will check the product(s) and issue a refund or credit note. Important information: The right of withdrawal does not apply for any personalised products, we do not accept returns on personalised items.
- Do I have to pay the return shipping costs?
Once you have made your returns request online we will then send you a prepaid postage label. Please see our shipping and returns page. Returns are at your cost unless you choose a credit to your account.
Refund Requests: If you are provided with a prepaid postage label we will deduct a fixed return charge of 10€ off your refund.
Credit note requests: The total amount will be credited onto your online account to use on a future order.
Exchange Requests: We do not accept exchanges, Please request Refund or Credit and make a new order for the required correct item/colour/size.
If the return is due to a mistake on our part while preparing the order or a faulty product, we will, of course, cover the costs of the return and there will be no charge to refund you.
Visit this page to view our return shipping costs policy
- How do I exchange an item?
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept exchanges through our return process, please request a refund or credit and make a new order for the required item.
- Can I exchange the product in-store?
No. All returns must be processed via our online returns system
- How can I track my return?
To track the progress of your return in real time, visit the 'My returns' section in your secure 'My account' area. You will find the details of your return requests and their status as well as the list of credit notes and/or corresponding refunds. Click the returns number for the details of your returns request and tracking information for the return. Once the returned products have been received and checked by our team, we will refund or issue a credit note. Your credit note will be automatically deduced from your next order. The various returns statuses are as follows:
• Awaiting return: Your returns request has been received and our logistics teams are awaiting the returned product(s) to check them and then confirm the refund or credit note.
• Pending – our customer service team have received your return request and will process your request soon. During busy periods please allow up to 3 working days
- How long does it take to get a refund?
Your refund will come through within 14 days from when the returned products are received
- What are the benefits of a credit note?
If you opt for a credit note when requesting a return, we will cover the returns costs, unlike returns for a Refund which have a 10€ charge. If you're not completely satisfied with your product or if you have chosen the wrong size or colour, you can return the product free of charge and use this credit note to place a new order in the future. There is no time limit to use your credit note on future orders.
- How do I cancel my order?
In line with the Consumer Code, you have a right to withdrawal for the products purchased from the site, with the exception of personalised products, within fourteen (14) calendar days from when the products are received. Please contact our customer services within this period to exercise your right to withdrawal and for any return requests. We will give you a returns number and advise you on the product returns process. Otherwise, we will unfortunately be unable to process your request and our teams will be unable to take delivery of your products. Regardless of the chosen delivery option, if you exercise your right to withdrawal, you must return the product(s) no later than (30) days from the date on which our customer services were notified. Once we receive your parcel, we will check the product(s) and issue a refund or credit note. Important information: The right of withdrawal does not apply for any personalised product.
- How does the loyalty program work?
For every purchase made online on our Vertical website you earn points worth the equivalent of 3% of the total order value. These points are available in your online customer account for one year, to be used against future orders with no minimum order amount requirement.